Saturday, January 4, 2014

Anna’s Essential Oil Oink-ment

IMG_5165

  It has been really cold this winter! With the sub zero temperatures come the colds and last week I was a sad victim of a head cold. It has left me with a chapped nose and we all know how difficult it is to soothe chapped skin. In the doTERRA Living Magazine’s most recent issue they had a recipe for salve with essential oils. I figured now was the PERFECT time to try it out on all my chapped spots. I had a jumbo Costco size tub of coconut oil (the hardened type) so I used that in place of the almond oil with great results.

IMG_5161

  The recipe made a lot more than I had anticipated. I recycled some Altoids tins that worked perfectly for a large amounts of salve. My recipe yielded 6 Altoids tins full and ten 3 ounce jars. I think all my friends will be getting Valentine’s day essential oil healing ointment...I know you wish you had a friend like me.  Amazingly my nose is mostly healed from just a few hours of use so I certainly recommend making this soothing balm. I would also recommend this for any chapped skin or sore bottoms for littles because both lavender and melaluca are great for the diaper area. Burns would also benefit from a soothing salve like this. 

Ingredients:

1cup grapeseed oil

1 cup coconut oil

4 Tablespoons beeswax

1 Tablespoon vitamin E oil

10 drops each of Lavender, Cypress, Tea Tree, Frankincense, and Eucalyptus

 

IMG_5167    IMG_5174 IMG_5180

Directions:

Melt grapeseed, vitamin E, beeswax and coconut oils together in a double boiler until completely melted. Cool for about 5 minutes before adding essential oils and distribute into containers for many many friends. Cool for a few hours before closing containers up.

IMG_5181

*A few helpful hints*

- It does take a long time for the double boiler to melt beeswax

- Pouring the salve is messy so prepare your containers and put a paper bag under the pouring station for easy cleanup

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                     thank you for visiting acdcbakes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment